FAIRHAVEN VACATION RENTALS
APPLEGATE, BENNINGTON, FAIRHAVEN & WAKEFIELD
- No smoking is permitted in any of our properties. If you smoke outside of my homes, please crush and dispose of the cigarette butts. I will pick them up if you don’t, and there will be a charge for this service. (.50 per butt assessed to your credit card). Do not smoke inside any of our homes at any time. If you or any of your guests smoke inside our homes we will assess your credit card any costs necessary to remove the odors. These include carpet and upholstery cleaning. Your signature below signifies that you and each member of your party agrees to this policy. Also, please no aromatherapy. These scents seem to linger in the house for days and aren’t always agreeable to our new arrivals.
- Pets are not permitted without prior arrangement and the payment of a deposit. An additional $10 per night charge applies to the nightly rate and a $200 refundable deposit is required with a signed agreement. If you bring your pet or have a pet visit without this prior arrangement and payment , we will assess your card at $ 50 per night . Please don’t make us the pet police. You are responsible for the gifts your pet leaves on our properties. I charge for the removal. In Additon I require that all dogs be treated with flea and tick control ( like Frontline or Advantage or similar product ) 3 days before arrival. Thus far I have been lucky and we all want a enjoyable stay. So please act responsibly and take responsibility for your pet. ( Thank You Norm )
- Check-in time is 4:30 PM and check-out is 11:00 AM. These times are strictly enforced during the summer, holiday’s and spring break times. These times are negotiable only during other periods of the year and only with the stated acknowledgement of the owner/management.
- A maximum occupancy rule (which includes children) will be strictly enforced. If guest exceed the allowed number of guest per unit, you may be asked to leave and may be liable for additional charges. I will stretch the rules under certain circumstances, however this information must be indicated by prior written agreement.
- Absolutely no motor homes, camper or travel trailers are permitted on our properties or the use of our utilities and facilities by same.
- If you are bringing a boat, you must let us know! Whereas in the past we have had the room for them, now accommodations must be made; on the street parking might be the only alternative.
- There is a two night minimum stay except during holidays and festivals, which require a three-night stay.
- A deposit in the amount of ½ of the total rental fee (including clean fee) is required to secure a reservation. We now accept VISA and MASTERCARD payments.
- A $120 non-refundable cleaning fee is charged for all stays. The guests are required to strip beds , load and start the dishwasher, do any dishes not contained in the dishwasher and start a load of towels . The cleaning fee covers only routine cleaning. If cleaning costs exceed the $120 charge, as a result of your use of the property; you will be charged the difference.
- Please load and start dishwasher and wash all remaining dishes
- Remove all food from refrigerator. If there is unused food my cleaning staff can make use of it.
- Start load of towels
- Strip beds of sheets and pillow cases. If comforters or mattresses covers are soiled point this out in some manner so we can deal with it in a timely manner (hiding it will not work we will figure it out)
- Do not attempt to wash comforters in house washers they are too small. I have an oversize washer for this purpose.
- Generally do not wash a queen sized mattress cover for this same reason. Although I have washed some by themselves I prefer to wash them in the large washer as well.
- Leave furniture as you found it.
- Put all garbage and recycling in bags and place in the provided trash cans or next to them .
- Set all thermostats at 55 degrees.
- Close and lock all windows and doors.
- Remember to clean up after your pets.
- Cancellations made within 45 days of the arrival date are subject to forfeiture of the deposit unless the property is fully re-booked. All other cancellations will be charged a $50 cancellation fee. If you book more then one home our cancellation period increases by 30 days for each additional home.
- A charge of $20 will be assessed for each returned check.
- Fairhaven Vacation Rentals reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.
- Fairhaven Vacation Rentals will not make refunds due to mechanical failure, natural disasters or weather.
- All our homes come equipped with hot tubs. We have many guests in the summer, some who stay an extended period of time. Some Hot Tub Basics. Hot Tubs need chemicals to help kill the bacteria every body leaves in them, thus the Brominator (the mushroom like device floating in the tub). If you choose to remove the Brominator while you are in the tub, make sure you replace it when you get out. Because you are at the beach you, or especially your children, have a lot of sand in their clothing, their pockets, their skin and hair. We have hoses alongside the homes as well as alongside the hot tubs under the decks. Feel free to make use of them to rinse off yourselves. If you stay longer than two days, we will be by to check the chemical composition of the water. If you see someone looking and testing things at the hot tubs, that’s us. Hot tub abuse is not appreciated and will be charged for. In twenty two years of operation we have found all manner of things left in the tubs. At this time our spa maintenance is carried out by us: however, when we do hire it out it cost’s $50 to change out a tub plus water and chemicals. If we deem the abuse to be excessive an additional charge will billed.
- Our receipt of your payment and signed registration form will certify your agreement that each member of your party will comply with all policies contained here. Please be courteous and considerate of your neighbors.
- Lost and found items will be held for thirty days only and are subject to a minimum $10 shipping fee that must be received before the item will be shipped.
- Violation of any federal or state laws, company policies or house rules are all grounds for immediate eviction without refund.
- At this time there is a 9½ % city room tax and 1.8% state room tax. Security deposits will be held using an open credit card charge.
- Please note that all rates are subject to change without notice.
- There will be a $10 charge for every unreturned key.
- Our receipt of your prepayment and signed registration form will certify your agreement that you have given Fairhaven Vacation Rentals and or Yaquina Bay property Management Inc. permission to charge the credit card account given as deposit or payment for those charges as well as any damages that have occurred as a direct result of either you or any member of your party. Our receipt of your prepayment and signed registration form will further certify your agreement that each Member of your party has been provided with all policies of Fairhaven Vacation Rentals and/or Yaquina Bay Property Management Inc. as contained here, or on display at Fairhaven Vacation Rentals Policies page web site.
- You must be at least 28 years of age to rent our homes. If asked you must produce proof of age. If you reserve one of our homes under false pretenses and discovery is not made until the time of the reservation you will loose your deposit.
- By my signature below I hereby agree to the policies listed .
- Under no circumstances are parties or gatherings of any kind permitted in or around any of our homes that exceed the maximum occupancy of each individual home. We acknowledge that we permit Family Reunions, Office gatherings and other functions that would necessitate exceeding this policy. (We actually promote the legitimate use as such by our patrons.) In that pursuit we ask that, you inform management of your intention so that we could both know your intended use of our facilities and that a written agreement could be arrived at. (Our intention is not to discourage the legitimate use of our homes). Example of legitimate size ration: one home 9 persons, two homes 18 persons, three homes 27 persons,all four homes 33 persons. We have some flexibility in this ( infants and children under the age of five for example). Once again we want to be informed of the total people anticipated . If a gathering at any of of my facilities is discovered either during or following your occupancy , without this acknowledgment, it will be grounds for immediate eviction, a charge to your credit card of $500 dollars in the form of, but not limited to, a security/usage charge and any additional cleaning to our facility. ( I.E. carpet cleaning, garbage removal, house repair, hot tub repair or change). Gatherings that are not pre-approved by all parties will be considered theft of service and as such are punishable by law. Once again I would Like to reiterate that my intention is not to discourage the legitimate use of my properties but rather responsible use of them. Our receipt of your payment and signed registration form will certify your agreement that each member of your party will comply with all policies contained here. Please be courteous and considerate of you neighbors .
- During High Season ( Memorial Day Through Labor Day ) it has become necessary to institute a minimum 4 night requirement for Only Parties wishing to Book more then a single home. I no longer have the ability to clean adequately more then a single home in one day. The subsequent lose of revenue for the minimum 2 night stay has proven to be too costly
- For your information. We do not supply personal bar -bath soaps or shampoos. We do supply soft soap in a dispenser at the sinks. We do not supply filtered water or water bottles. So if you need these items please remember to bring your own. Thank You
A final note: Mary and I started this business in 1996. It was our intent to build and bring a quality operation to the Newport area. Our homes are designed, built, furnished and maintained by our family. We take a personal interest in how they are treated. We ask only that you enjoy them and take responsibility for your actions. Please enjoy your stay and come again.
Thank you, Norm Ferber
Tenant Signature: _________________________________________