Our first visit and we are wondering why we ever stayed at hotels or B&B’s. The perfect solution for young kids, the hot tub is a real plus.
- Favorites: April’s for fine dining, Flashbacks for fun with kids, Village Market and Panini Bakery for picnic lunches or dinner at home, Quimby’s is just OK but the Chowder is great.
- Wine: Nye Beach Gallery and Wine is superb, Tasting Daily of some great stuff. Not the usual poured stuff. Wendy and Lon are great hosts
- Nye Beach is wonderful. Yaquina Head Lighthouse is great, Ditto on the Historic Bay front.
- We actually enjoyed the OSU Marine Science Center more than the Oregon Coast Aquarium (Which is still excellent) Call ahead to the OSU Center for octopus feeding time.
- We had planned on heading north and south but instead stayed around Newport and did not run out of new things to do in five days!
Thanks so much!